First time out of the house in over a week! (Actually first time out in two weeks! The last time I was out was just the drive from the hospital to home).
I went to my post op appointment with the digestive health surgeon today. It was good to get out of the house. Here are the latest news:
– got my 21 staples out. My incision is healing well.
– the doctor said he was still having a hard time believing the mass was not cancerous. He was glad that he had good news to call me with last week, but still expressed disbelief at the results when they were so convinced it was cancer. Praise God!
– pending approval from the obgyn surgeon, we are scheduling my re-attachment surgery around Dec 21. Because the reattachment is going to be so low and so close to where they took out the uterus, they have to make sure that that has had enough time to heal, thus the pending approval from obgyn.
– we have another decision to make as to whether to take my remaining ovary out when they do the reattachement surgery. As long as I have an ovary, there is a possibility of endometriosis still growing in my body. We’ve already seen the damage endo can do to me, so that is a big push to get it done although that would mean, among other things, early menopause. We will discuss this at length with the obgyn doctor in the 25th.
– I got to go on a date with my husband and I wore real clothes (other than yoga pants)!!
Thank you all for your prayers!